Oak Fire Pizza - Food Production Manager, West Cork
Job Description - Food Production Manager
Job Title: Food Production Manager
Department: Production unit
Reports to: Operations Manager
Manage and supervise all food production operations in our production unit outside Clonakilty,
West Cork. Supervise a team of food production operatives and ensure a high standard of
quality control at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
● Managing and quality control of all stock entering and exiting the production unit.
● Liaise with suppliers and reps when required
● Ensure all HACCP documentation is kept up to date and accurate
● Ensure production kitchen is cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis and deep
cleaning is carried out on a weekly basis
● Ensure all work areas are kept safe and comply with health and safety standards
at all times
● Ensure coldroom is kept clean and all staff members are rotating stock regularly
● Prepping and/or cooking meats, vegetables, sauces and dough for Oak Fire
● Liaising with Operations Manager on the introduction of new products
● Complying with uniform and appearance standards.
Please apply by CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include availability.
● At least 1 years’ proven experience in a supervisor/management role within a food
production or commercial kitchen environment
● Fluent English
● Must be flexible for early morning starts and weekend work
● Have excellent leadership skills
● HACCP certified
● Previous experience managing people
● Previous experience dealing with sales representatives an advantage
● Full driver’s licence preferred but not essential (own transport to and from work is
Competencies are classified as the work habits, attitudes, personal characteristics, and
behaviors that reflect how a person accomplishes the duties and responsibilities of his/her job.
● Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency
about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes
responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
● Customer Focused: Commits to meeting the needs and expectations of the
organization’s internal and external customers; builds and maintains a customer base;
delivers a high level of customer service; searches continually for ways to increase
customer satisfaction (i.e., customer feedback).
● Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively
transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
● Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without
supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear
purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude.
● Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and
objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions;
contributes to the team’s efforts.
● Physical Demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands
repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly
with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to
bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use
feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down,
push and/or pull, and lift and/or move up to 25kg. Occasionally, the team member is
required to sit, climb, balance, and lift and/or move over 25kg. If for any reason you are
not capable of doing this you must inform your Manager.
● Work Environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work mainly
indoors in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts,
with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around smoke and dust (flour).