Deliveroo reveal most popular food spots by neighbourhood in Cork over lockdown!
Deliveroo have crunched the data and have revealed the most ordered food spots in different neighbourhoods around Cork city during lockdown!
Corkonians made a lot of sacrifices over peak lockdown but missing out on delicious food wasn’t one of them!
Here’s a picture of Lockdown Cork’s taste in takeaways, from Douglas to South Gate.
- Burritos were the most popular dish in Cork overall during Lockdown. However, the residents of South Gate take home the prize for eating the most burritos during this time, closely followed by the ravenous students of University College Cork. Lough Area might not have consumed the most burritos but they kept it spicy all throughout lockdown by ordering the most extra Jalapenos.
- Douglas, Dublin Hill, Frankfield and Maryborough all bucked the burrito trend by ordering tons of Roosters Piri Piri’s famous tender flame-grilled chicken.
- Montenotte’s go to comfort food during the long lockdown months was a classic cheese burger
- Shandon kept it classy by consuming more sushi during lockdown than any other community in Cork
- St Luke’s favourite restaurant during lockdown was Vegan-KO. We bet they did every single one of Joe Wicks PE lessons…
- Cork Central couldn’t keep the pizza cravings at bay with Oak Fire Pizza proving a popular choice for Corkonian city slickers
More from Entertainment
Brit Awards to host in-person ceremony with first indoor live acts after more than a year
The organisers of the Brit Awards have said the show will have an audience of 4,000 as part of the government's research into how live events might work after the pandemic.
5 spots to grab a coffee in Cork this week
With restrictions eased these are some best coffee spots to get you caffeine fix this week.
5 beaches to visit in Cork
Now that the 5 km restrictions have been lifted, check out these beautiful beaches that are right on your doorstep !
5 must do activities for when restrictions ease on the 26th of April
From April 26th we'll see some of Corks great outdoor places welcome people back.
WATCH: Sky release teaser of documentary on Sophie Toscan du Plantier
Sky have released a teaser for their documentary on the murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier.
WATCH: Couple get engaged on West Cork Cliff after the ring is delivered by a drone
Niall Duffy of West Cork Photos captured the moment for Blue and Maria when he piloted his drone above the edge of a cliff outside Allihies on The Wild Atlantic Way.