Prophotonix Ltd Little Island-Production Operators And Manufacturing Technicians
ProPhotonix, a Cork based manufacturing Company is seeking a Manufacturing Technician. ProPhotonix designs, manufactures and exports its products internationally to machine vision customers in industrial and medical markets. The products are designed to meet customer specific requirements and are manufactured on site in low to medium volume. Due to ongoing expansion of our business, the position for a Manufacturing Technician has arisen.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of the manufacturing process and equipment within assembly and test operations.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in working order and that preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to on a regular basis.
- Working with Manufacturing Engineers on New Products Introduction (NPI) in relation to the timely ordering of jigs & fixtures and assembly equipment.
- Working with engineering and NPI on prototype builds.
- Program and debug of computer controlled equipment
- Work with production and Engineering on lean product flows and process improvements
- Responsible for housekeeping of work areas and spares storage areas
- Operate with a Lean mindset – identifying and eliminating waste in all processes.
- 3rd level qualification in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical / Mechatronic etc.) or relevant industrial experience.
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment in a production support role. (electronic, mechanical or medical device experience)
- Good mechanical aptitude with an ability to work manufacturing environment of rapid changing priorities, keeping production moving in the short term while having a long-term focus on Lean and Continuous Improvement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Report to the production supervisor.
- Ensure customer expectations are met working as part of the production team.
- Be flexible and adapt to different shift patterns when required.
- Work according to the company’s health and safety policy to ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Always strive for continuous improvement and support production in implementing changes to drive improvement.
- Always work in accordance with the companies Quality policy whilst following the standard procedures.
- Be a team player capable of interacting with multi disciplines.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.
- Technical and test experience would be an advantage .
3 years + experience in manufacturing environment.
Cv’s to ( Linda) email@example.com