Administrative Assistant - National Maritime College - Cork
Position: Administrative Assistant –Full time, Permanent
Company: GAC Training & Service Solutions Limited (GTSS)
Description of the Position
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant is a core member of the administration team, providing course coordination and business support.
NB Note: For the initial six months the Administrative Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the established Office Manager so as to acquire the requisite knowledge & experience to perform the role to perform efficiently.
Location: NMCI, Ringaskiddy, Co Cork
GAC is a global provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services. Emphasising world-class performance, a long-term approach, innovation, ethics and a strong human touch, GAC delivers a flexible and value-adding portfolio to help customers achieve their strategic goals. Established since 1956, GAC employs over 9,000 people in more than 300 offices worldwide.
GAC Training & Service Solutions Limited (GTSS) was launched on 11 February 2010, aiming to provide cost saving and innovative training solutions for the LNG industry and other maritime sectors. This unique partnership between GAC and The National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI) focuses on delivering a complete portfolio of training courses for both seafarers and shore-based shipping and commodity operations personnel. GTSS combines GAC’s global reach, over sixty years of maritime expertise and powerful branding with the NMCI’s superb facilities and a dedicated faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The administrator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Receive inbound calls and emails from current and new customers/companies.
- Responsible for the administration process from booking through to certification and registration into the OPITO Vantage system and CMS.
- Responsible for classroom/facility bookings for scheduled and bespoke course bookings.
- Completion and participation within internal audits on main scheme and commercial courses.
- Responsible for travel templates and organising client accommodation & transfers ahead of courses or board meetings.
- Preparing administration files for instructors before beginning course.
- Put together and deliver course packs where appropriate.
- Prepare scripts/handouts for courses.
- Ensure all relevant communications, records and data are updated and recorded.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and updates.
- Create trust and confidence when building a rapport with customers to effectively close each booking and retain customer loyalty, this includes reception duties for course registration.
- Meet & greet delegates at reception before each course.
- Represent commercial division by ensuring each customer receives a friendly and engaging and efficient experience;
- Compile reports as and when required by the Management Team;
- Work as part of a team supporting colleagues where necessary;
- Report any non-conformances to Management immediately in order to ensure that corrective action is carried out to prevent recurrence and insure continuous improvement.
- Adhere to strict data protection and confidentiality laws;
- Participate in any required training.
- Liaising with both the GTSS Marketing Executive & the Office Manager to support the planning of all commercial courses
- Liaising with Lecturers, instructors to co-ordinate the efficient running of courses.
- Liaising with Finance regarding pricing of courses.
- Liaising with various individuals from companies on course details, numbers, requests etc.
- Liaising with catering staff & process canteen function forms.
- Be responsible for the replenishment of stationary at the NMCIS Ops office and postal duties.
- Fill out purchase requisitions where appropriate & required.
- Completion of CETB forms and liaising with CETB officers as required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- 3 years relevant administrative experience;
- Good planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections;
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment;
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone;
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
Salary: €20,000- €24,000 depending on experience.
CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com