Cork Performs Well In TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards
The rankings are based on feedback from users using the online review service.
As we all know, Ireland is spoiled for choice when it comes to food, scenery, beaches and landmarks therefore we're aware how difficult it must have been to whittle these Irish lists down to just ten! Cork city and county has faired well in the lists topping the fine dining restaurant and beaches polls.
The top ten Irish landmarks "Travellers Choice Awards" list is well spread out around the country with Cork's Blarney Castle & Gardens just missing out on poll position to Dublin's Kilmainham Gaol and considering the year that's in it we can't argue too much there!
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin
- Blarney Castle & Gardens, Cork
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Muckross House & Gardens, Kerry
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
- Dun Dúchathair, Aran Islands
- Bunratty Castle, Clare
- Arigna Mining Experience, Roscommon
- Leap Castle, Roscrea, Offaly
- Glendalough, Wicklow
When it comes to restaurants Cork comes out Top Trumps with the delicious Café Paradiso at number one in the Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Ireland beating the likes of Chapter One in Dublin. The top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the Traveller's Choice Awards are:
- Cafe Paradiso, Cork
- Chapter One, Dublin
- Sabor Brazil, Dublin
- An Port Mor Restaurant, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Kai, Galway
- Eala Bhan, Sligo
- Ristorante Rinuccini, Kilkenny
- Freddy's Bistro, Limerick
- The Pig's Ear, Dublin
- Zuni, Kilkenny
Taking a look at hotels, Harvey's Point in Donegal once again takes the top position as a visitor favourite. The River Lee in Cork comes in at a very respectable fifth position on the list followed by Hayfield Manor at seventh position. The Walter Raleigh Hotel in Youghal also appears further down the list at number 23. The top ten hotels according to TripAdvisor are:
- Harvey's Point, Donegal Town
- Ashford Castle, Cong
- The Merrion Hotel, Dublin
- Castle Durrow, Durrow
- The River Lee, Cork
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort, Adare
- Hayfield Manor, Cork
- Dromoland Castle, Newmarket-on-Fergus
- The Brehon, Killarney
- Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Tralee
Looking at beaches next Cork tops the poll once again. We are spoiled with beautiful waterfronts in Cork and Incydoney Beach has come out on top in Ireland! The top beaches in the country are:
- Incydoney Beach, Clonakilty
- Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry
- Lahinch Beach, Lahinch, Co. Clare
- Rossbeigh Beach, Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry
- Banna Strand, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Maghera Beach & Caves, Ardara
- Curracloe Beach, Curracloe
- Renvyle Beach, Renvyle
- Portmarnock Beach, Portmarnock
You can check out more information on TripAdvisors Traveller's Choice section.
More from Entertainment
The Next Carpool Karaoke Guests Have Been Confirmed
The next guests for Carpool Karaoke have been revealed.
WATCH: Sam Smith Releases Music Video For Latest Single
Sam Smith has released the video for his comeback single Too Good At Goodbyes
Imagine Dragons Announce Dublin Show
Imagine Dragons have added an Irish date to their European tour.
Niall Horan Announces Release Date For Album
Niall Horan has announced the date of the release of his first solo album.
D' Hillbillies Mud Run Is Back Again This October
It’s back! ‘D’hillbillies Mud Run’ in aid of The Mercy Cancer Appeal takes place on Saturday, October 21st in Mitchelstown, Co. Cork.
The Decades Festival Returns
Cork's RedFM are proud media partners for the Decades Festival.