Caroline Flack's Family Release Unpublished Instagram Post TV Host Wrote Before Her Death
Caroline Flack's family have released the text of an Instagram post that the TV star wrote before her death but didn't publish.
Caroline sadly took her own life on Saturday afternoon and since then there has been an outpouring of grief and a flood of tributes to the TV star.
Her family confirmed the news of her death on Saturday saying: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today on the 15th February.
"We would ask that the press both respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time."
Now her family have released a statement that the 40-year-old star wanted to post on her Instagram but was advised not to do so. The statement refers to Caroline Flack's upcoming case for allegedly assaulting her boyfriend Lewis Burton and her version of events and the intrusion into her life following the incident.
The message in full:
"For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.
I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life.
I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.
The problem with brushing things under the carpet is.... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.
On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend...
Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me, collapsed.
I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen.
I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident.
I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.
But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident.
The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal.
The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore.
I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.
I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone.
I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.
I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back'. I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.
I can't say anymore than that."
Caroline's mother Chris told the Eastern Daily Press, who published the note, "Carrie sent me this message at the end of January but was told not to post it by advisers, but she so wanted to have her little voice heard.
"So many untruths were out there, but this is how she felt, and my family and I would like people to read her own words."
If you've been affected by any of these issues you can contact Samaritans on 116 123 or Pieta House on 1800 247 247.
More from Entertainment
Disney+ Launches In Ireland Today
It's the day many of you have been waiting for - the launch of Disney+!
WATCH: Niall Horan Appears On Carpool Karaoke
Niall Horan's new album Heartbreak Weather was released today.
BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein Sentenced To 23 Years In Prison
Movie producer Harvey Weinstein has been sentenced to 23 years in prison.
The Line-Up For Electric Picnic Has Been Announced
The line up for this year's Electric Picnic has been announced.
WATCH: Ireland's Eurovision Entry Has Been Released
Ireland's song for this year's Eurovision Song Contest has been revealed.
WATCH: What Do Cork People Really Think Of Dublin People?
It's a well known fact that Cork people do fancy themselves as the best in the country.