Cork Tech Support Company Voxpro Bought Out By Canadian Company
The deal is believed to be worth over $150 million.
The Echo reports that call centre company Telus International acquired a 55% stake in Voxpro for $58 million three years ago and has since acquired the other 45%.
Voxpro was founded by Dan and Linda Kiely in 1999 and employs over 6,000 people at its offices in Cork, Dublin, San Francisco, Romania, the Philipines and Latin America.
Employees were reportedly informed of the sale on Monday.
Dan Kiely will step down from his role as CEO and will take up an advisory role with the company.
More from Cork
Cuanlee Reveals Some Victims Of Domestic Abuse Are Being Digitally Tracked By Their Ex-Partners
Cuanlee Women's Refuge says technology is playing a larger role in attempts to control women fleeing abusive relationships
City Council Installs 45 Christmas Trees Throughout The City And Suburbs
The City's Lord Mayor is encouraging people to support Cork businesses and shop locally this Christmas
Farmers Warn Today's Blockade At Aldi's Distribution Centres Will Be The First Of Many
They're demanding a beef price increase while Aldi says it received no communication from the IFA of any grievance
Hundreds Take To The Streets Of Cork Calling For An End To The Housing Crisis
Latest homeless figures for October show 447 adults are living in emergency accommodation in Cork
Deliveroo Partners With The National Missing Persons Helpline For The Month Of December
Deliveroo riders will carry backpacks across Cork and Dubln carrying the images and details of missing people
It Really Is The Most WONDER-Ful Time Of The Year
Elves have taken over Fota Island Resort ahead of Santa's arrival