Cork man speaks out about eating disorder
This week is Eating Disorder Awareness Week.
A Cork man has spoken out about his 12-year battle with an eating disorder and says his biggest fear is that he has done irreparable damage to his health.
It comes after recent figures revealed that one quarter of people who are battling eating disorders are men.
The figures were released as part of Eating Disorder Awareness week however the Eating Disorder Centre Cork says this figure could be much higher in reality as men are often slow to seek help.
Speaking to RedFM News Alan says he has lost so much because of the disorder, and most recently his partner.
More from Cork
Pilot Union not in position to call off planned strike action by Ryanair pilots
IMPACT say its not in a position to call off Wednesday's strike until it meets with the company.
Cork TD calls for legislation to outlaw mass evictions on the grounds of refurbishments
It comes on foot of a mass eviciiton in the city centre.
GAA players highlight the need for action on homelessness
Inter-county GAA players held sleepouts across the country last night.
Post-mortem to take place today on body of man found dead in Limerick
44-year-old William Tiernan had been missing from the city since Tuesday afternoon.
Ryanair attempts to avert first ever pilots' strike
Ryanair has offered to meet with IMPACT on Tuesday and has called on the unions to call off next week's threatened action.
Murder hunt underway in Limerick
It comes following the death of 78 year old Rose Hanrahan.