Tresemme Hairstyles: Textured Ponytail
A sleek ponytail is a classic look but for an edgier style why not try a textured pony? It’s a more laid-back approach to finish off your look and can often be even more flattering on jaw lines and faces. Did we mention also that it’s super easy to achieve yourself without taking a trip to the salon!? Here’s how.
- First we need to give your tresses a lift. No other product would do it just as well as TRESemmé’s 24 Hour Body Collection. Prep the hair using their Shampoo and Conditioner which contains a unique Volume Control Complex and silk proteins that prevent your hair from falling flat. The ideal ingredient to lock in volume from the root and base of the hair.
- Next, on damp hair apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creating Sea Foam. The foam contains Sea Kelp extract, which helps create a casual, textured style.
- Then take the top part of the crown of the hair, spray some of TRESemmé’s Extra Hold Hairspray about 10cm away from the hair and tease it using a comb or back combing brush. Do not back brush the top layer, only the layers underneath so it’s hidden.
- Next loosely gather your hair into a pony. Focus on securing it near the top centre at the back of the head, letting some loose sides fall on either side of the face, or if you have a side fringe let that hang also. The volume we locked into the crown of the hair should create a voluminous top and the pony should secure easily.
- Tie your hair tie securely, give yourself another spraying of the TRESemmé Extra Hold Hairspray - this will keep your locks in place without them feeling sticky or stiff - and you’re good to go!