Make-Up: Light Summer Bases
So although Ireland switches between weather like there's no tomorrow we're all hoping for that sun to stay and changing our makeup bags accordingly! With that in mind here's a look at some of our favourite light bases;
1) Rimmel Bb Cream; This is a relatively new product by Rimmel and one that we are highly impressed with! Its a 9in1 skin perfecting BB cream. The colour is a lot more tan-like rather than the red-dy tint from the regular sun shimmer. Its €8.99 but McCabes Pharmacy are offering 33% off at the moment!
2) Buff Makeup 'Sheer Glo' €36.00; This isn't a coverage in itself, rather an illuminator. However if you're blessed with naturally tanned skin and you don't need the extra colour apply this for that sunkissed glow. Alternatively, mix it into your foundation or apply underneath. This product is now available on AerLingus too, it is flying off the shelves!
3) Garnier BB Cream - €13.99; This BB cream has been one of my favourites for a long time. It sets really nicely on the skin, comes in various different colours of tan and has spf 20 in it. It also smells really fresh, a lovely summer purchase!
4) MAC Strobe Cream - Mini travel size €10.00. Strobe cream is one of the most popular bases for makeup, similar to Buff's Sheer Glo it comes as a liquid or cream. I prefer the cream as it has more of a luxurious feel to it and can easily be mixed into your moisturiser or bb cream for that glowing, radiant finish. Their travel sizes are perfect for summer holidays!
5) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser; €41.00 This gem of a product has spf 20 in it also and is definitely a favourite among mature ladies as a foundation. It sits really well on the skin, giving a radiant glow and not too heavy. Also a favourite for this time of year when you're looking to loosen up the coverage!